Design Review Advisory Committee
On November 1, 2004 the Wethersfield Town Council approved an ordinance establishing a Design Review Advisory Committee. It was "established to advise and help the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Town Council…" and its advice "…is intended to encourage higher quality building and site design and result in development that is compatible with the character of the community."
The following proposals are required to be referred to the committee for review:
- New construction of a multi family residential structure of four (4) or more units
- A special residential development (SRD)
- New construction of a non-residential structure
- Any significant exterior building change or other site improvement which requires site plan or design review
Applicants to the design review process must complete an informational form and checklist, and submit it to the Planning office ten days prior the scheduled meeting meeting where their project is to be considered. Any questions, contact the Planning Department at (860) 721-2838.
- The membership of the Wethersfield Design Review Advisory Committee is:
|Bruce Thomas Bockstael
||255 Crest Street
|Andrea L. Boyle
||703 Wolcott Hill Road
||136 Bunce Road
|Joseph E. Hickey, Jr.
||28 Meadow View Drive
|Steven C. Hine
||294 Hang Dog Lane
|Richard L. Sitnik
||27 Deer Ledge Lane
The committee meets on an as-needed basis, generally on the first and third Wednesdays of the month. Meetings are customarily held at 6:30 p.m. in the Lower Level Conference Room 1, Town Hall, 505 Silas Deane Highway. Their meeting minutes are posted online.