The Parks and Recreation Department oversees the development and use of 644 acres of town parks, school grounds, open space and recreation facilities. A Town Recreation Facilities Map is located at bottom of page.
- 1860 Reservoir (Thornbush Road) — 67.7 acres containing a pond used for fishing and open space.
- Beaverbrook Linear Park (Spring Street) — 14.3 acres containing open space and Spring Street Pond which is available for ice skating.
- Broad Street Green (Broad Street) — 13.4 acres containing a minor little league field.
- Col. John Chester Park (Crest Street) — .92 acre containing a basketball court.
- Cove Park (Main Street) [Directions] — 110.6 acres containing Wethersfield Cove, a boat launch with access to the Connecticut River, park grounds, T-Ball fields, picnic areas and a soccer field off State Street.
- Farms Village Park (Cedar Street) — 8.0 acres containing a basketball court, playscape and a sledding hill.
- Hanmer Park (Main Street) — 0.7 acre containing a mini basketball court.
- Mill Woods Park (154 Prospect Street) [Directions] — 122.16 acres containing lighted Little League Stadium, little league fields, skate park, a lighted softball field, softball fields, a basketball court, beach and outdoor swimming pond, picnic areas, an off-leash dog park, bocce courts, a playscape, soccer fields, lighted tennis courts, fishing pond and walking trails for passive recreation.
- Savage Park (Silas Deane Highway) — .42 areas containing open space.
- Standish Park (Hartford Avenue) [Directions] — 10.6 acres containing a baseball field, a basketball court, soccer field, tennis courts and Mikey's Place (a wheelchair friendly community playground), featuring two accessible playscapes for children two to twelve.
- Wintergreen Woods (Folly Brook Boulevard) [Directions] — 110.0 acres containing open space and nature trails.
- Charles Wright School Grounds (186 Nott Street) — 7.86 acres containing a basketball court, a playscape and Minor Little League field.
- Emerson Williams School Grounds (461 Wells Road) — 18.54 acres containing a basketball court, a playscape and a T-ball field.
- Hanmer School Grounds (50 Francis Street) — Located adjacent to Standish Park. Contains a playscape area and mini basketball court.
- Highcrest School Grounds (95 Highcrest Road) — 24.05 acres containing a basketball court, Little League fields, a playscape and soccer fields.
- Samuel Webb School Grounds (51 Willow Street) — 14.41 acres containing a minor Little League field, baseball field, football field and a playscape.
- Silas Deane Middle School Grounds (551 Silas Deane Highway) — 12.51 acres containing two soccer fields.
- Wethersfield High School Grounds (411 Wolcott Hill Road) [Directions] — 34.84 acres containing a baseball filed, lighted football staduim, running track, softball field, tennis courts, soccer field and indoor pool.
- 9/11 Memorial Sports Center (30 Greenfield Street) — Located in the Pitkin Community Center, this facility includes a gym, fitness room and a meeting room.
- Community Gardens (Main Street) — 2.1 acres located behind Firehouse #1 contains the community garden plots.
- Eleanor Buck Wolf Nature Center (156 Prospect Street) [Directions] — Located adjacent to Mill Woods Park, the Nature Center is an environmental education facility devoted to the mission of sharing and exploring our natural world through exciting environmental learning.
- Harvey Fuller Grounds (Kimball Road) — 9.83 acres containing sport fields.
- Heritage Way Bike Trail [Map] — A 10 mile bike path on existing streets and off-road paths connecting many parks, schools and open spaces. Beginning at the Old Resorvoir it meanders through town including Mill Woods Park, Wintergreen Woods, Cove Park and throughout Old Wethersfield. Motorized vehicles including snowmobiles are prohibited.
- J.C. Willard Pool (30 Greenfield Street) [Directions] — Located within the Pitkin Recreation Complex, this facility has a wading pool, instructional pool and a diving pool.
- Keeney Memorial Cultural Center (200 Main Street) — 1.0 acre containing a basketball court.
- Keeney Skateboard Facility (154 Prospect Street) — Located within Mill Woods Park the facility is open to in-line Skates, skateboards and BMX Bikes (no scooters). Around 6,000 square feet it is all concrete with a bowled/banked-in street area that opens to a super-tight backyard style pool with cast in place coping.
- Mikey's Place (Nott Street/Garden Street) [Directions] — Located within Standish Park, the facility is a wheelchair accessible community playground which allows children of all abilities to play toghether on specially designed equipment.
- Mill Woods Swim Center (154 Prospect Street) — Located within Mill Woods Park, the facility is a 2 acre swimming pond (filtered water) with a sandy beach and bathhouse.
- Old Reservoir Road (Old Reservoir Road) — 14.0 acres containing a basketball court.
- Ridgecrest Circle (Ridgecrest Circle) — 1.67 acres containing open space.
- Senior Center (30 Greenfield Street) — Located within the Pitkin Community Center, the site offers educational programs and social opportunities to senior citizens.
- Solomon Welles House & Grounds (220 Hartford Avenue) [Directions] — 1.8 acres containing the historic 1774 Solomon Welles House. Available for meetings and small parties.
- Tanglewood Nature Preserve (Wells Road) — 21.78 acres of open space.
- Wethersfield Dog Park (154 Prospect Street) — Located within Mill Woods Park, the dog park is a place where well-behaved dogs can run off-leash safely, under the watchful eyes of their owners. The dog park has a separate area for small or timid dogs.
- William J. Pitkin Recreation Complex (30 Greenfield Street) [Directions] — 20.67 acres. Within the complex are the W.J. Pitkin Community Center, J.C. Willard Pool, a basketball court, Little League field and a playscape.
- William J. Pitkin Community Center (30 Greenfield Street) [Directions] — Located within the Pitkin Recreation Complex, the 34,000 square foot building has a banquet room, fitness room, gymnasium, preschool room, meeting and function rooms. The Pitkin Community Center is available for receptions, parties, meetings and houses the 9/11 Sports Center, Senior Center and the Community TV Studio.
On the map below, hover over the icons to read a description of the services provided at that location.