Wethersfield Shops Local
Wethersfield Shops Local Campaign
Thank you for your interest in the Wethersfield Shops Local Program. This campaign was created by the Wethersfield Economic Development and Improvement Commission with input from Wethersfield businesses and merchants. We recognize that our local businesses are essential to a vital local economy and community character. Wethersfield Shops Local is an educational and marketing campaign encouraging Wethersfield area residents and employees to support Wethersfield businesses. We believe that The Wethersfield "Shops Local" program will prove to be a highly successful and affordable way for you to market your business. Shops Local cards will be widely distributed and recognized throughout the Wethersfield community. Designed as a "Rewards" program, the goal is to help draw new customers into your local businesses.
We are encouraging as many Wethersfield businesses as possible to participate.
Here's how it works:
- The Wethersfield Shops Local card is a Rewards card.
- Rewards cards are produced in quantity and distributed widely to businesses, residents and employees. We will provide you with a supply to give out to your customers.
- Customers are required to get 5 "proof of visiting" signatures or initials on their Rewards card by visiting participating Shop Local businesses.
- Once a customer has the 5 Shops Local participating businesses signatures, the card becomes a free entry into a monthly drawing for $100.00 gift certificate. You can either collect the entries or the customer can drop them off at Town Hall.
- The drawing takes place each month.
- If the winner uses a $100.00 gift certificate or any one of the ten $10 certificates they will receive in your business, the Town will reimburse you a corresponding amount
- The program will drive new customers to your business because the customers must get signatures from participating Shops Local businesses.
- There is no cost to become a participating Shops Local business, however, you must sign up and register your business for the program. Please contact Peter Gillespie or Denise Bradley, Wethersfield Planning and Economic Development Department, at (860) 721-2837 to register.
- Promotional activities will include local media articles, press releases, web site listing, Shops Local cards listing all participants, media advertising, and support such as email news blasts and announcements at various events.
- Upon registration you will be provided with a display decal identifying you as a participating business.
- You will also be provided with a listing of other participating businesses to encourage your customers to support other local businesses.
- We have formed a Shops Local Committee comprised of local business owners and EDIC members, to oversee the program and participating businesses are encouraged to attend these meetings and participate in the development of this program.
Please contact Peter Gillespie or Denise Bradley, Wethersfield Planning and Economic Development Department, at (860) 721-2837 for more information about the Shops Local program and other efforts underway to support and promote the Wethersfield business community.
Please register your business by April 30, 2010 to have your business included in our initial printing of the Shops Local cards.
Together we can help Wethersfield businesses grow.
Your Wethersfield Shops Local Committee
- Increased business due to public education regarding the importance of supporting local businesses
- You receive a tasteful, removable Shops Local decal identifying your business as a participating member
- Become part of a network of businesses that support and patronize each other
- Group advertising
- A listing on the Shop Local web site linking to your web site
- A listing in the printed business directory
- Use of the Wethersfield Shops Local logo for your use on web site or other promotions
- The opportunity to participate in a new business campaign designed to improve the local business climate
- Media coverage in local news stories that promote the program
- Web site listing to promote your in store sales, discounts or specials