ARTICLE XXVIII, Redevelopment Agency
§ 10-110. Redevelopment Agency created; powers and duties.
There is hereby created a redevelopment agency for the Town in accordance with Section 8-126 of the Connecticut General Statutes, Revision of 1958, as amended, said agency to be known as the "Wethersfield Redevelopment Agency." The Agency shall have all the powers and duties now or hereafter provided for redevelopment agencies by the Connecticut General Statutes, subject to the limitations on the exercise of the power of eminent domain established by §12.1 of the Code of Ordinances, as the same may be amended from time to time.
§ 10-111. Membership; term; removal of members.
§ 10-112. Officers.
- The Agency shall be composed of five (5) electors resident in the Town, appointed by the Town Manager as the chief executive officer of the Town and approved by the Town Council.
- Of the members of the Agency first appointed, one each shall be designated to serve for one, two, three, four and five years respectively, terminating on June 30th of the respective year. All subsequent appointments of members shall be for terms of five years, commencing on July 1st of the respective year. Each member shall serve until such member's successor is appointed and qualified. Any vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired term in the manner of original appointment.
- Any member of the Agency may be removed by the Town Manager for cause and, on request of such member, after public hearing.
Annually at its first meeting on or after July 1st, the Agency shall select from among its members a chairman and a vice-chairman.
§ 10-113. Meetings; rules of procedure; majority of Agency necessary to act.
§ 10-114. Records; reports.
- Meetings of the Agency shall be held at such times and places as the Agency may determine.
- The Agency shall adopt rules of procedure for the governance of its meetings.
- Action by the Agency shall be taken only on a majority vote of all of the members of the Agency.
§ 10-115. Compensation.
- The Agency shall keep records of its meetings and other activities.
- The Agency shall annually on or before July 1st sae Town Council a report of its activities for the prior fiscal year and its projected activities for the fiscal year then commencing. The Agency shall make such special reports as the Town Council may request from time to time.
The members of the Agency shall receive no compensation for their services as such but shall be reimbursed for their necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties, subject to budgetary limitations.
§ 10-116. Coordination with other town bodies.
The Agency shall coordinate its activities with the Town Planning and Zoning Commission, the Wethersfield Economic Development and Improvement Commission and other interested officials and agencies of the Town, and the Agency may invite to attend and participate in its meetings and deliberations, but without vote, any person not a member of the Agency.
§ 10-117. Employees.
The Agency may employ a secretary and such other officers, agents, technical consultants, legal counsel and employees as it may require, subject to budgetary limitations and relevant Charter provisions.
§ 10-118. Appropriations.
In the performance of its duties and in the exercise of its powers aforesaid, the Agency shall not incur any expenses or obligate the Town to pay any expense in excess of the funds appropriated by the Town Council for such purpose.