Why Shop Local?
Your choice to shop at local Wethersfield businesses impacts our community in a big way. Every dollar you spend in a local business has a significant economic as local businesses bank local, hire local accountants, attorneys etc... Keep your money where you live and work. Shop, dine and support your local businesses!
Why is shopping local so important?
- Shopping local supports the local economy and keeps dollars in Town.
- Local businesses care about your satisfaction and want to serve you.
- You will be doing business with stores that support:
- Local jobs
- Community improvement
- Environmental sustainability
- Youth sports
- and much more
- By shopping local, you build relationships with merchants who care and are committed to your satisfaction. "If you don't find it in our store, we'll get it for you!"
- By shopping local you are stating that you support your community.
How Do I Sign Up for a "Shops Local" Card?
Here's how the Shops Local program works:
It's simple and easy to participate.
- First, pick up your Shop Local card at the Economic Development office at Town Hall or at any participating business.
- There is no cost to sign up.
- Carry your card with you and have participating businesses sign off on your card.
- After five stamps, add your name and contact info to the back of the card and drop it off at any participating business or at the Economic Development Office at Town Hall.
- Now you're eligible to win $100 in gift certificates redeemable at all participating businesses!
By visiting local businesses, consumers can be entered into a monthly drawing for a $100 value of "Shops Local" gift certificates redeemable at any participating business. A drawing for the winner of the $100 gift certificate will be held every month. Winners need not be present.